Westinghouse Site Development
« Back to Industrial & Energy Services
Cranberry Township, PA
Trumbull Corporation was awarded the site excavation and utility project in August 2007 for the site preparation of the new Westinghouse Electric Company corporate headquarters. The project, located in in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania, consisted of over 1.3 million cubic yards of excavation.
The scope of work included excavating and placing weather sensitive redbed materials and the installation of over 25,000 lf of utilities. The project also called for blasting in a highly populated area. The building pads had an early turnover date and construction was limited to a single shift. Two large excavation spreads were mobilized and the building pads were turned over ahead of schedule.
- Over 1.3 million cubic yards of excavation
- 72 acre site
- Very aggressive schedule for grading of building pads
- Blasting in a highly populated, sensitive area
- Involved excavating and placing weather sensitive redbed materials
- Installed over 25,000 lf utilities